Monday, February 6, 2012

for wednesday

I have enjoyed reading your found poems immensely, so I will probably have a few more "creative" blog posts coming your way. Feel free to be creative with this week's post, because I think it will be really fun.

Okay, so here's the prompt:

Imagine you just got your fourth speeding ticket in a month, and they are taking away your driver's license. I want you to write three letters (just one paragraph each) explaining your transgression.

  • One letter will be addressed to the judge. You want to get off.
  • One letter will be addressed to your mom. You want her not to freak out. And,
  • The last letter will be addressed to your classmates. You want them to back you up. 

Also, for Wednesday you will turn in 3 body paragraphs of your RA. We're going to be working on them in class extensively, so don't worry about perfection, but do the best you can. You'll want to look at the criteria in the Supplemental Guide as well as the sample paper in the SG to help you with this. Make sure you have these elements in each paragraph:
  • Identify the rhetorical tool
  • Quote from the text
  • Explain the author's intent (why is he/she using this specific tool?)
  • Explain the audience reaction (is this an effective tool? Does the audience react the way the author wants them to?)
Good luck! See you on Wednesday.

Also, I mentioned this at the end of class, but some of you had already left: If you have any questions about your grade for the Op Ed, I want you to wait 24 HOURS to ask me. I want you to look over my comments and review the rubric, and if you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment