Friday, February 24, 2012

ESSENTIAL info for monday

As you are finishing your papers over the weekend, make sure you comb through your whole paper for grammatical and punctuation errors. Because we reviewed commas extensively, I will be a little less lenient about comma errors as I'm grading these papers (especially as they apply to the rules we reviewed in class). I'll email you the ppt. we looked at in class, but make sure you review the rules in the handbook if you have any other questions. The handbook is there for your benefit, so I'd like you to consult the handbook before talking to me (not because I don't want to talk to you, but because I'd like to get you used to utilizing the handbook in the writing process).

As you are turning in your RA portfolios on Monday, here are the exact specifications for what is required in your portfolio:
  1. Cover sheet
  2. Rubric
  3. Final draft
  4. Rough draft from peer review
  5. Rough draft from instructor conference (or conference notes, if I didn't make specific marks on your paper)
  6. A small paragraph telling me if you received papers from your peers for the peer review and how helpful each review was. 
That's it! NO REFLECTION WILL BE NECESSARY. A couple of you typed a reflection for the Op Ed, and this will be unnecessary for this paper. 

I will be in class on Monday. Please don't be late to class because I will collect the papers right at the beginning of class, and any paper that is not turned in right at the beginning will be considered late. 

Have a good weekend! Good luck finishing your papers.

PS. Staple your papers. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment